Terms and Conditions
By registering for this conference, you enter into an agreement, on these terms and conditions, between the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy ("AusIMM") and the registered individual or participant ("attendee").
Registration, Payment and Confirmation of Bookings:
To register for places, please click the registration link on the webpage of your chosen digital conference. Upon completion and payment of a valid registration, an invoice/receipt for the registration fee, and confirmation advice will be emailed to the attendee within 2 business days. Please check your confirmation advice and inform AusIMM of any alterations required immediately. Only pre-registered, pre-paid registrants will be guaranteed access to the online event.
We accept the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard and AMEX. Full payment must be made prior to the conference start date. If your account is still outstanding prior to the conference, access to the online platform will not be granted.
Please contact AusIMM on +61 3 9658 6120, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive your confirmation advice or if you have enquiries regarding payments.
If you are registering on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the attendee is aware of these terms and conditions. By completing the registration, you are warranting that you have made the attendee aware of these terms and that they have accepted them.
AusIMM Member Rate:
To qualify for the special "AusIMM member" rate as quoted on the registration booking form, you must be a financial (paid) member. AusIMM membership fees are due by 1 January each year. Non-member registration fees apply to all non-members and non-financial AusIMM members.
Applies to students completing their degree full-time at a tertiary institution. Proof of your current enrolment and status as a full-time student must be submitted with the registration form. All delegates registering at the student rate will be listed as "Student" along with their institution on their name badge and in the online attendee list.
Registration Fee includes:
Access to the live sessions, on demand content, live chat and the netrworking lounge.
Registrations cannot be shared without prior written approval from AusIMM event management.
Cancellation Policy & Substitutions:
Cancellations for full registrations must be advised in writing at least 28 days prior to the event. An administration fee of $500.00 + GST will be incurred for cancellations. A refund will not be considered if an attendee fails to attend or cancels within 28 days prior to the event.
- More than 28 days before the online conference - Partial refund for full registration, total less $500 administration charge
- 28 days or less before the conference or non-attendance - No refund (no exceptions)
- Up to 7 days before the conference - Attendee name substitution, with written approval from AusIMM event management
A substitution may be made up to 7 days prior to the event start date should the registered and paid attendee not be available to attend. If the registration rate changes due to a change in membership status, the difference in fees must be paid prior to admittance to the online conference.
Please email email@example.com making reference to the conference name and attendee currently registered and provide the name, job title, email, telephone, company name, business address and member number (if relevant) of the attendee that will be attending as the replacement.
AusIMM reserves the right to cancel the whole or part of an event or alter the content and/or speakers on any program. Registration fees paid will be fully refunded for wholly cancelled events. AusIMM is not responsible for any other expenses if an event is cancelled (whether in whole or part).
Attendance and Conduct AusIMM reserves the right to prohibit access to any attendee to an event, or eject any attendee from the event, based on behaviour deemed unlawful, inappropriate or offensive by AusIMM staff and/or its agents and others working under its authority. If this occurs, then a refund of the registration fee will be facilitated in some circumstances (at AusIMM’s sole discretion).
You must at all times comply with:
- these terms and conditions;
- any terms and conditions imposed by the online conference platform; and
- any reasonable direction given to you by AusIMM, the platform facilitators, or any of their employees or agents.
AusIMM reserves the right to immediately terminate the registration of any delegate that it reasonably believes is not complying, or has not complied, with the above terms.
Attendees should seek permission from presenters, sponsors and/or attendees prior to taking screenshots or recordings of presentations, speakers and/or attendees during the event. Attendees must uphold a professional and respectful environment and refrain from screenshots and screen records during the event.
By registering for the event, attendees’ consent to AusIMM and/or its employees, agents and contractors taking and using video and/or screen shots containing their image or likeness. Attendees acknowledge that AusIMM, at their discretion, may use these images for promotional (including online), news, research and/or educational purposes without payment or other compensation.
By registering for the event, an attendee's personal and business information will be made available on the online conference platform. Information includes an Attendee's name, position and company. The attendee list will be used by delegates, speakers and sponsors.
At the time of registering for this event you have the option to provide your photo and bio for use in the online conference platform as well as the option to indicate if you would prefer not to appear on the list of participants.
AusIMM is a professional institute that relies on the use of personal information to provide support and services to members and to non-member stakeholders and customers of AusIMM services. We rely on comprehensive and accurate personal information about our members and about non-members who engage with AusIMM.
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to provide services and benefits for our members and to maintain and extend our membership. We collect information from members and non-members so that we can provide services, manage our professional relationships, manage our business, comply with our legal obligations, communicate effectively and enhance the level of service being offered.
At the time of registering for this event you have the option to indicate whether or not you agree to AusIMM contacting you for promotion of future events, professional development opportunities and discount offers.
Waiver of Liability:
You agree that AusIMM or its employees, agents or contractors, except as required by law, will not:
- accept liability in respect of any aspect of the event, any materials provided or offered at or in relation to the event, or these terms, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission);
- be liable for any indirect, special or consequential costs, damages or losses arising from the event or otherwise in connection with these terms;
- accept liability to any persons or body for any loss, injury or damage howsoever and whether directly from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken, organised or sponsored by AusIMM.
- accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by the attendee or any person on any aspect of any information provided at the event.
You agree to indemnify AusIMM against liability for, or in respect of, any claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses, losses and damages arising out of or in connection with or as a consequence of any of your acts or omissions in connection with the online conference that breach these terms and conditions.
Further details regarding your attendance may be found on your confirmation advice, alternatively contact us via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +61 3 9658 6120
Terms and Conditions for Submitting Abstracts
By submitting your abstract/paper you hereby agree to the terms and conditions of AusIMM that if your final abstract/paper is selected for the technical program at least one author of the abstract/paper will register and pay the discounted author registration fee with full intention of presenting at the online conference. Abstracts/papers of authors who fail to register and pay by the nominated deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the proceedings and online program.
By submitting an abstract/paper to this AusIMM conference you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Prior to submitting an abstract/paper that contains information that relates to, or reports on, a particular company or organisation, the appropriate level of approval must have been granted.
- Abstracts/papers submitted are of original quality (not previously published).
- Submissions of abstracts/papers are loaded electronically via the online portal, with minimal formatting.
- Abstracts/papers are submitted in accordance with the author guidelines.
- The abstract/paper does not infringe on the copyright of any other third party and copyright for said abstract/paper will be assigned to AusIMM.
- Accepted abstracts will be used to promote the conference on the event website and in event communications. (Note: updated versions, such as those submitted with a first/final draft paper will not be used.)
- Authors with accepted abstracts/papers agree to register, pay and attend the online conference. At least one author/presenter must be registered and paid by the nominated deadline in order for the abstract/paper to be published and presented. Any abstract/paper not registered and paid for will be automatically removed from the conference proceedings and online program.
- Withdrawal of abstracts/papers will result in the abstract/paper being removed from the conference proceedings and online program.
- In the instance the author is not available to present the abstract/paper a suitable replacement may be found to present the abstract/paper and pay the registration fee.